Meditation is one way to feel more centered and grounded, but it takes time. Exercise works, but again…time. Here are five simple ways you can feel more present, centered, and focused, fast:
1) Eat something … slowly. Chew thoroughly and really taste what you’re eating.
2) Notice how you feel. Simply close your eyes for a moment if you can, and scan your body. Where are you holding on to tension, effort, or resistance? Decide to let it go, and simply breathe.
3) Affirm your connection — with the earth, or with the Universe (a.k.a. God), or both. When you remember that you are part of a greater whole, what you are trying to get done doesn’t seem quite so big, so it’s easier to allow it to be easier. If this sounds suspiciously like prayer, it is!
4) Find your sense of humor. Laughter raises your energy and brings you more present.
5) Stop and look around you. Really look and take in every detail of the space you’re in.
Afterwards, ask yourself “What do I need to do right now?” Or “What do I need to do next?” And notice what comes.